Wednesday, January 17, 2007

EGO SURFING and NARCISSISM

I am getting bored these days.. I am not getting something that would feed my thoughts. HOPE I ll get to do something soon. Meanwhile I ll tell you what I am doing these days:
1. Finished reading Friedman's The World is flat, it was simply awesome. It enlightened my perspective on globalisation with respect to IT, in particular. In fact, I intend to write more on it, perhaps my next post.
2. Opening gmail and seeing who is available on gtalk, so that I can start my mokkai with that poor soul who's gonna bear my torture for sometime.
3. Orkut - hmm... actually orkut usage (read exploration) is getting saturated these days. However, the window lies open in the task bar and it has become a habit to refresh the scrapbook once in half an hour to see if any new scrap has come. Irresistible!
4. Going through reviews of new movies and reading blogs. I must confess, when it comes to movies, it becomes my source of hedonism!
5. Ego surfing: Giving 'Kasi Alagappan' in google and searching for results. Plus, I am topping this with other keywords like PSG, Chennai, kolkata, Pongal, Party, Picnic, Satya, orkut etc. I guess am getting narcissistic, see how bad I ve become! Incidentally when I gave 'hope' with my name, i got this, the page having eccentric write up on HOPE; much needed for my present haalat!
True, An Idle Mind is a Devil's workshop!
PS: Presently, reading Freakonomics in a slow pace while at home.

2 comments:

White Square said...

Hi,
Wish you a very Happy New Year!

I hope you 'll write a review after reading "Frekonomics"

Cheers

Kasi Alagappan said...

Thanks Abhay n wish u the same. It ll be out soon :)