15/11 (friday) 10 pm (IST)
Hey, hey, hey....It is friday evening. I am in a euphoric state. So I shall be looking into the left out movie reviews now ;-)
Sillunu Oru Kaadhal (Tamil)
1. Sillunu Oru Kadhal released just days before the wedding of the lead pair Surya-Jo has a surprisingly different package with a slight off-the-beat crux inside.
2. SOK doesnt disappoint as publicised which has a bold subject of a Wife(Jothika) going to the extent of making her hubby (Surya) to live at least one day with his former lady love (Bhumika) on knowing the same years later; and as expected Indian Sentiment triumphs! (Watch yourself to see how)
3. Plus: Music (New York Nagaram rocks all the way!), the child artiste (as Surya-Jo's daughter), -- she is choooo cute, Picturisation.
4. Minus: The drag in the second half, Vadivelu part -- Gosh, it was incongruent to the movie with crass humour, Conspiciously excessive Advertising of products (Maruti Swift, Pepsi, TVS Star, Boost, Aircel, Maggi, Head & Shoulders!! !)
5. Verdict: Personally I liked SOK, tho' few may not concur..In any case, it is definitely watchable despite the subtle flaws in the storyline.
PS - Trivia: I saw the movie shooting (and Surya as well) from very near while it was being shot in my college for few of the college locations in the movie..When the football ground (thats our hostel ground) sequence in Munbae Vaa..Anbe Vaa song, I was there seeing!
Lage Raho Munna Bhai (Hindi)
1. Mark my words, this movie absolutely rocks and promises to be on the line of its prequel MunnaBhai MBBS that does not miss the essence and mark of the Munnabhai brand's flavour.
2. Pats to the script writers who have contributed the fresh concept of Gandhigiri (with Satya and Ahimsa) possible to bring about peace in day to day problems involving people.
3. Plus: Gandhigiri, Novel approach in handling the story, the Munna-Circuit pair's Looti, the gorgeous and simple Vidya Balan and cast, which is almost same as that of version 1.0 (except for Vidya Balan)
4. Minus: At times, there are logical flaws (but very few). But overall, it doesnt matter though.
5. Verdict: Bindaas... Ekdum Solid Maamu
Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu (Tamil)
1. Another episode in a Police officer's life: Kamal, a Crime branch Cop is in the hunt of a Psychopath who is behind a series of brutal murders. The Modus Operandi of Kamal’s investigation, his past and present personal life and the new lady love (Jothika) forms the rest of the story.
2. Many movies have come with similar story line before, but VV is fresh with its presentation, screenplay and photography but dont tend to compare with Kaaka Kaaka.
3. Plus: Music (Songs are hit since long back), beautiful picturisation of New York Nagaram and the stunt sequences.
4. Minus: Logic part -- Hard to digest that all alone 2 men take the New York Cops and Tamilnadu Police (force) in for a ride with a comfortably large number of murders all the way they go! And likewise many others
5. Verdict: Go for it! Disclaimer: Opinions vary
1. A feel good movie that primarily portrays the bonding between an excessively caring dad and a son who wants to be independent, their aspirations and thinking.
2. Bommarillu has all the elements of a class movie with decent portrayal of characters, beautiful songs (literally all!) and most importantly promises to deliver more than what you expect.
3. Plus: Though Silly, Genalia is cute with her ChatterBox role; Prakashraj- Sidharth as father-son duo who have done justice to their roles, Music and Comedy.
4. Minus: Err....I dint find any.
5. Verdict: I recommend to all those who havent seen. Definitely a must see, I should say!